The next Flamingo Park yard sale is scheduled for Feb. 15, the Saturday of Presidents Day weekend. Get a jump on spring cleaning and clear out the “trash” that will be someone else’s treasure. As always, the sale depends on a critical mass of early signups, so we can start to promote it on Facebook and Craigslist.
If you aren’t familiar, it goes like this:
• Residents sign up by email with Victoria Preuss at email@example.com, with the following info: name, street address and brief list of available goods. If you lack email access, leave a voicemail at 561-655-0726.
• FPNA markets the event using the Palm Beach Post classifieds, Craigslist, Facebook and www.Flamingopark.net. On the weekend of the event, signs are placed on feeder streets around the neighborhood. A map listing all sellers and a brief list of wares is designed for buyers’ convenience and posted online.
• Sellers set up at their own homes, handle their own sales and keep all the proceeds. (If you haven’t become an FPNA member by this time, set aside a few bucks and join.)
• Sale hours are 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• There might be a nonprofit pickup of leftovers, depending on interest.
New sale ‘chief’ sought
This is the seventh sale organized since 2010 by Flamingo Flyer editor Victoria Preuss.
A new volunteer is being sought to take over coordinating this event.
An organized frame of mind and computer access are necessary. Social media skills are desired.
Interested residents can email Victoria at the contact listed above for more information.